The recipe was sponsored by Nutrela for the recipe competition held at SNDT University, Pune.
– By Ms. Kiran Achari
A healthy snack item full of vegetables and is shallow fried to avoid excess fat.
Soya Chunks-150g, Potato-30g
|Ginger Garlic paste||10g|
|Red Chilli powder||2g|
|Oil as needed|
|Salt as needed|
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Method of Preparation:
- Boil soya chunks and drain them. Squeeze of the excess water from it.
- Boil potato and smash them. Chop carrot and onion in small pieces.
- Heat the pan with oil and season with cumin. Saute ginger garlic paste. Add the chopped onions, green chillies, carrot and cook it. Add all the masalas and then add salt.
- Add soya chunks and coriander leaves. Mix them well and cook on low flame. On little cooling, divide the mix into small portions and give them the shapes of tikki.
- Make slurry of corn flour and dip the soya tikki in it and then coat with bread crumbs.
- Heat the pan with small amount of oil and shallow fry the tikki.
- Serve hot with chutney or sauce.
Ms. Kiran Achari
2nd prize Winner, Recipe Competition
Nutrition Awareness Activity, SNDT Pune