This Recipe was made on the theme “Creativity unlimited with Roquette’s ingredient” for the second round of the recipe contest organized jointly by PFNDAI and Roquette in January 2022.
- 1 cup dates (khajoor)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup cashew
- 1\2 cup walnuts
- 1\4 cup pistachios
- 1\4 cup sesame seeds
- 1\2 cup dry coconut (grated)
- 1 eliachi
- 1\2 cup honey
- 1\4 tsp spoon
- 1\2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp glucidex 19
- Firstly, in a bowl soak 1 cup dates in 1 cup hot water for 2 hours.
- Blend to smooth paste without adding any water and keep aside.
- In a pan take 1 cup cashew, 1 cup almonds, ½ cup walnut, ¼ cup pistachios, ¼ cup sesame seeds.
- Roast on low flame for 5 minutes or until the nuts turn crunchy.
- Add ½ cup dry coconut and continue to roast.
- Transfer the roasted nuts to a plate and keep aside
- In a pan take dates paste and saute on medium flame.
- Cook until the dates paste thickens.
- Add in roasted nuts, ½ cup honey, 1 cardamom powder and ¼ tsp salt.
- Add 1 tbsp “Glucidex19”
- Further in a pan roast ½ cup rolled oats on medium flame until it turns aromatic.
- Blend to a fine powder.
- Add in oats powder to the dry fruit dates mixture.
- Combine well, keep mixing until the mixture thickens.
- Transfer the prepared mixture into a greased container lined with baking paper.
- Set well forming a block.
- Allow setting for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Now unmould and cut into pieces.
- Finally, serve “energy protein bar” or store in an airtight container for a month in the refrigerator.
By Ms Tannika Ahuja